Our aim is to provide high quality, powerful and robust lamps with lots of innovative functions. The Scurion® lamp family consists of four models, which have different power levels, but have all of our advanced features in common.
Latest models !
We have revised our model lineup! The new models use the latest high power LEDs from Cree, delivering world record efficiencies:
- All our models are now available also in "warm white"! - with high CRI, >90
- "hybrid" is possible as well as retrofitting warm to your existing light!
- All non diving models can be ordered with traditional grey (speleo) cable or with the black 4-pin cable (basic) with connector (see below...)
|Brightness [in ANSI-Lumen]||Spot||Room light||Total|
|Scurion® 1500, alias "1200" (warm white)||420||420||840|
|Scurion® 900 (warm white) NEW||160||420||580|
|Scurion® 700 (warm white) NEW||160||160||320|
Important: As the technology constantly evolves the model names can differ from the actual performances in Lumen - we try to be as consistent as possible but will change the model names only if there is a major change in power!
Find here a comparison of all current and older models.
Optimal light distribution
Most lamps emit just a more or less narrow beam of light. This is nice in horror movies, where a wandering circle of light in the dark cellar keeps the suspense. For most real world tasks, like walking in a cave or running in a forest, a much wider beam, filling your entire field of view, is better. On the other hand, for viewing distant objects, you need an intense, narrow beam.
For that reason, Scurion® lamps have two lights: A wide angle room light, evenly filling your entire field of view and a narrow, focused spot. Both can be set to four different levels and combined according to your needs. To fit your specific requirements, up to 10 different settings can be saved as presets.
Quality is very important for us. Most "consumer" products are optimized for low cost, made so they just work - because most people don't care. We do care: We use highest performance LEDs, the best batteries available, a very high efficiency custom electronics in a rugged metal case. For you, this means a bright light with very long run times, reliable even under harsh conditions.
- Top quality, highest efficiency LEDs
- regulated brightness - constant light output independent on battery state
- high performance Li-ion batteries
- CNC machined aluminium case
- bar graph display for battery charge
- completely nonmagnetic - ideal for surveying
- designed and built in Switzerland!
Find out more about details on the Technology page.
|'basic' System||'speleo' system|
|...in short: outdoor sports / 'dry' caving||...in short: most robust - 'wet' caving|
Our lamps and battery cases are available in different colors. Not all models are available in each color! Please ask when ordering!