The Scurion® 1500 - the brightest lamp in our lineup! - new: 1'300 ANSI-Lumen
LED maker Cree has released a new, world record efficient LED device we use for raising the bar again... We are using two XM-L2 (U2 bin) LEDs in this lamp, highest efficiency devices with enormous light output in an enhanced package. Compared to the MC-E LEDs used in the 1300 model, the XM-L are brighther, still need less power and have a smaller die size, yielding a better focues spot. Can you ask for more?
The closeup shows the new LED. Optimized design gives a light output of 2x650 ANSI-lm in the 1500 lamp. We don't drive the LED with the full rated current, this further raises efficiency, resulting in a long lamp runtime. Our optimized driver circuit, achieving up to 94% conversion efficiency, also contributes to the fantastic lamp performance.
See our lamp lineup in this comparison, including previous models.
At a glance
- Spot and wide angle LEDs with approx. 750 ANSI-lm each (see info on lumen and how many watts...)
- Wide angle LED is tilted for optimal working illumination distribution
- Spot angle is a bit wider than with 700 and 900 models
- Programmable light settings!
- Battery indicator and Li-Ion power management
- Constant current control - constant brightness independent of battery state
- Nonmagnetic - no magnetic switch disturbing compass measurements
- Designed and made in Switzerland!
Find out more about details on the Technology page.
- Projector option
- UV option
- long cable option
- wide angle photo-optics
- blade mount bracket
- steel cable securing battery box lid
- outdoor head strap
- bike holder
Battery Run time
Scurion® 1500 on lower power
When you need longer run times from your lamp (eg. for an expedition or very long trip), should you use the Scurion® 1500 or the Scurion® 700/900 for longer run time? Answer: You can program your Scurion® 1500 to use lower power settings for this application. Just set the max. level you use to 3 and you have three to four times the run time. For example, wide angle on 3 and spot on 2 is a very comfortable all-round setting with a run time of 11 hours. And of course you still have the possibility to power up briefly, should it be needed. Technically speaking, the efficiency of the white LEDs is increasing when you decrease the power. The same goes for the electronics. So the Scurion® 1500 gets even more efficient when you reduce the power setting, making it optimal also for long expeditions.